Hello! I see you reading my first post. So, welcome! Let me take your coat.
Who am I? My, how charming of you to ask! You’re a keeper, you. I am a 20-something ladygirl living, working, sleeping, eating, running, and raging in Washington, DC. You can call me Pokey, because I’m slow.
Since I can already tell you have a short attention span (you’re skimming, I just know it), here’s a list of Things That Make My Heart Sing:
- Meet The Press
- Egg sandwiches with Muenster and strawberry jam, thankyouverymuch
- Kanye + Macklemore + Lil Wayne Pandora
- Not cooking
- Rage-facing across the dance floors of DC (gentlemen-scholars of Town danceboutique: oh hayyyy)
- Becoming besties with all cab drivers
- Good sports bras (high five!)
- Cutting absurd articles out of Cosmopolitan magazine and anonymously mailing them to male friends
- Aaron Sorkin
- Chocolate Chex cereal (like for real)
- Parentheses (apparently)
So, yeah. There’s… your basic? As a reward for getting through that #strugglebus of a list, here’s one of my favorite sports commercials ever. (What, you don’t have a list of favorite sports commercials? You’re weird.)
Where were we?
I have run six half marathons; my PR is a 2:15. I have another half coming up in three weeks, and I hope to go sub-2:05. Because YEAH. I have never run a full.
And now for a semi-topical quote:
Running made me feel like a bird let out of a cage, I loved it that much. -Priscilla Welch
I mean, you know?
On an unrelated note, it’s almost midnight on April 14th, and I just did my taxes. Way to be your own hero, Pokey! Gold star for responsible citizenship. UP TOP. (Minus points for hyperlinking to Thought Catalog. I am duly embarrassed, but not enough to remove it.)
Back tomorrow with the week’s running plan! Or something.